Pssst!Stuck on an Assignment? Get your 15% Discount Now! 👉
Module 4 Case Study Discussion Questions
The nurse epidemiologist is monitoring hand washing in a facility. The facility has had a series of infections with resistant organisms in its clients, and the concern is that hand washing may be the cause. The nurse is performing a series of assessments across the facility to help understand practices related to hand hygiene.
1. The nurse was told that there was a statistically significant difference in the number of bacteria on the hand when using hot water for washing compared with cold. What questions should the nurse pose about this finding?
2. The nurse recorded the number of times staff on different floors washed their hands. After running statistical analysis on the data, it appears that there was a difference in the average number of times hand washing was completed on one unit compared with another. What is the null hypothesis, and if the nurse’s assessment was correct, would it be accepted or rejected?
3. For the nurse in this scenario, what would be the implications of making a type I error?
The staff development nurse is creating a series of nursing grand rounds (NGR) and reviewing an article on this topic (Gormley, Costanzo, Lewis, Slone, & Savage, 2012). The goal is to make the NGR as accessible as possible because the leadership team wants maximal participation. This facility is one of four inner-city hospitals that make up a health system.
1. The study reviewed notes that “most nurses prefer online recordings for NGR.” When the nurse implements the NGR via online recordings, a great number of nurses do not access the online recordings for this nursing assignment help. How might this be explained because it is different than what the research reported?
2. The study noted that researchers did not plan to generate findings that would be generalizable. What does this mean?
3. To find out about the limitations of the research and the generalizability of the outcomes, where should the nurse search in the article homework help service?
The correctional health nurse is seeing an increase in the number of clients with a history of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She notes that there are a number of veterans from the military as inmates. As the nurse visits with some of the inmates who are veterans, she has concerns about how their cases are being handled in the correctional system.
1. The nurse has signed up for a Veteran’s Administration PTSD dissemination event for clinicians. What might she expect from this event?
2. The nurse knows that evidence-based practice includes not just current best evidence. What are other parts of evidence-based practice that must be considered when applying research to the clinical setting?
3. What are examples of problem-focused triggers that would lead to an evidence-based practice project?
The surgical nurse is talking with nurses in the medical-surgical unit about postoperative infections. Discussion concerns how to quickly identify and address situations that may put the patient at risk for infection. One nurse verbalized concern that patients were being discharged too soon.
1. The medical-surgical nurse asks if people in the community know about their hospital’s rate of complications. What is a good website to explore for this type of information? https://anyessayhelp.com/category/homework-help-service/
2. The surgical nurse discusses the hospital’s recent bundled payments initiative with a large insurance company in the area. How would this impact the concern about patient outcomes?
3. One of the nurses noted that a certain type of dressing procedure was being used by postoperative nurses in the medical-surgical unit at a nearby sister facility. They wanted to know if it could be used in their hospital. After a bit of research, the surgical nurse proposed a strategy to evaluate this new dressing procedure. What could this QI strategy be?
1. Read the article, Eye of the Beholder: Research, Theory and Practice by Abigail Housen on her research, and the development of Visual Thinking Strategies. See Eye of the Beholder
2. Select a quote from Housen’s research (1997), such as https://anyessayhelp.com/tag/nursing-assignment-help/
“Constructivist teaching allows the student’s mental frame to evolve; student learning occurs when the learner is actively making new constructions, building new kinds of meaning in new kinds of ways” (Housen, 1997, p5.).
and discuss how Housen’s perspective connects to the theoretical framework for Natural Approach, or the Direct Approach.
3. Then, visit the website What’s Going On in This Picture to see the images curated for What’s Going on in This Picture? Select on an image and scroll down to read how you and your students can participate in a mediated discussion on the images.
4. Next, browse the available images, and select one that you could use with your own students (or hypothetical students, if you do not currently have students).
Explain how you could use this website, image, or approach to advance language and cognitive development of your ELL’s.
You enjoy being on the innovative edge, pushing leadership and your organization forward. Paradox and complexity invigorate you. You may be that rare person who balances pragmatism and idealism with sincerity. With a strong imagination and a willingness to take calculated risks, you enjoy envisioning a bright future. While you know that the role of a leader requires some artifice, you also understand how authenticity can deeply connect you to yourself, your work, and the people around you. Empowering others to share the role of leadership helps you co-create a better world. To learn more about this new leadership style, see Anna Montgomery’s Metamodern Leaders: 21st Century Avant-Garde.
Your leadership style is a valuable asset for improving your career prospects. A leadership program can help you bring evidence-based practices to your work, adding value for your employer. Consider pre-qualifying for USC’s EML program.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!