NURS 6640 Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
NURS 6640 Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT: NURS 6640 Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.o Chapter 5, “Supportive and Psychotherapy” (pp. 238–242)o Chapter 9, “Interpersonal Psychotherapy” (pp. 347–368)© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 17 of 31Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington,DC: Author.Note: You will access this text from the Walden Library databases.
Abeles, N., & Koocher, G. P. (2011). Ethics in psychotherapy.In J. C. Norcross, G. R. VandenBos, D. K. Freedheim, J. C.Norcross, G. R. VandenBos, & D. K. Freedheim (Eds.), History of psychotherapy: Continuity and change (pp. 723–740).Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.doi:10.1037/12353-048Note: You will access this resource from the Walden Library databases.
Cameron, S., & Turtle-Song, I. (2002). Learning to write case notes using the SOAP format. Journal of Counseling and Development, 80(3), 286–292. Retrieved from the Academic Search Complete database. (Accession No. 7164780)Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases NURS 6640 Psychotherapy With Individuals week 1 – 11 discussions and assignments.
Nicholson, R. (2002). The dilemma of psychotherapy note sand HIPAA. Journal of AHIMA, 73(2), 38–39. Retrieved fromhttp://library.ahima.org/doc?oid=58162#.V5J0__krLZ4http://library.ahima.org/doc?oid=58162#.V5J0__krLZ4· U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (n.d.). Privacy rule and sharing information related to mental health. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/forprofessionals/special-topics/mental-health/Media
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2013). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice[Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net. Note: For this week, view Reality Therapy, Feminist Therapy, and Solution-Focused Therapy only. You will access this media from the Walden Library databases.© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 18 of 31 Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Stuart, S. (2010). Interpersonal psychotherapy: A case of postpartum depression [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA:Psychotherapy.net. Note: You will access this media from the Walden Library databases. The approximate length of this media piece is 110minutes.
Assignment Supportive Psychotherapy Versus Interpersonal Psychotherapy
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly describe how supportive and interpersonal psychotherapies are similar.
- Explain at least three differences between these therapies. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a mental health counselor.
- Explain which therapeutic approach you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with evidence-based literature. Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available athttp://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
- Submit your Assignment by Day 7 of Week 7 NURS 6640 Psychotherapy With Individuals week 1 – 11 discussions and assignments.
Practicum Assessing Client Progress
Part 1: Progress Note
Using the client from your Week 3 Assignment, address the following in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations):
- Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach
- Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed upon client goals (reference the Treatment plan—progress towards goals)
- Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress
- Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and/or symptoms
- Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (i.e., marriage, separation/divorce, new© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 19 of 31Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job, etc.)
- Safety issues
- Clinical emergencies/actions taken
- Medications used by the patient (even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them)
- Treatment compliance/lack of compliance
- Clinical consultations
- Collaboration with other professionals (i.e., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists, etc.)
- Therapist’s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations Referrals made/reasons for making referrals
- Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process(i.e., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions)
- Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment
- Information concerning child abuse, and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported
- Information reflecting the therapist’s exercise of clinical judgment
Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note.
Part 2: Privileged Note
Based on this week’s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
- The privileged note should include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record.
- Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the client’s progress note. Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes, and if so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. Page 20 of 31Week 7 Supportive and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Submit your Assignment by Day 7 of Week 7.
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do ,it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order? ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes end here!