Illness, chronic disease, and death are issues even children have to face. In Chapter 10 of your text, you will be learning about some of the ways health teachers can address crises and critical issues. For your final paper/project you will be choosing one topic from Chapter 10 to focus on for creating a learning unit for a specific grade level. For this assignment, you will be completing the worksheets found on pages 341-344 of your text. In addition to completing the worksheets, you will also complete a demonstration piece and write a formal reflective paper as you have done on the previous LAs.
Note – the worksheet focuses on suicide and death; however, you are welcome to cover other topics covered within the chapter such as self-harm, terminal illness, and disasters.
- Lesson Planning Worksheets pages 341-344 (I’ve included a copy of the worksheet above). Choose a topic from Chapter 10 for a specific K-12 grade level. Complete the lesson planning worksheets found in chapter 10.
- Teaching demonstration. Pick one teaching element and create a demonstration of how you would carry out this element in your classroom. You may choose to create an activity you would do with your class, a teaching and learning activity to prepare students for an activity, or an assessment or you may create an assessment that will tell you if the children met a specific learning outcome.
- Reflective Paper The paper is required to be written in formal APA style. In this paper, you will be describing your practical and creative process for creating the IPW.
1. Instruction Plan Worksheet: Complete the worksheets for a specific topic taken from chapter 10. You may wish to review chapter 2 for specific information on what you need to consider and how to fill out these worksheets.
2. Demonstration: Use your creativity for this section! You have the option to either create a demonstration of how you would teach your IPW or what a product/learning outcome, assessment, product, etc would look like from your IPW. Here are some examples of what I mean:
- Create a short (1-2 minute) video of you teaching some portion of your IPW
- Create a PowerPoint with pictures of you teaching or with you talking through the lesson.
- Do the activity in your IPW yourself and upload an image of what is produced — for example, if you had children build a food pyramid out of images of food cut out from ads in a newspaper, you would actually do this yourself, take a picture of your food clips pyramid and upload the image along with your IPW and your paper. Provide instructions for how to both do and teach the activity.
- You may also come up with something on your own that covers either you demonstrating what you would do, showing something you would create, or creating something you would have students do.
Remember — this section is for you to try things out and experiment — This section is deliberately designed to be very open and creative — I want you to play and experiment with what you might actually do in a classroom someday!
3. Reflective Paper – Formal Writing/APA required: This is the “meta-cognitive” portion of your learning activity. In this paper, I want you to talk about your creative process for coming up with the activities, objectives, and assessments for your IPW. In this paper, you will also talk about how you used resources from the class, your text, your interview — anything you have done to date. You may also talk about what you found through your own research and how you used this information to build your IPW. Here are some areas to include in your paper:
- Describe your creative thought process for completing the IPW. How do you visualize what was going to happen in the classroom? What will you be doing as a teacher? Why did you choose the materials, activities, and assessments you chose, etc.
- Describe your creative thought process for engaging and including parents in the teaching and learning process. What research did you need to do for this section? What pre-teaching might you need to do? How will you go about seeking input from parents and including them in the lesson?
- What challenges do you anticipate encountering for teaching these subjects? Why do you suspect there will be challenges and how will you meet these challenges?
- What do you need to do to mentally and emotionally prepare for this lesson?
- What information did you gather to use for this lesson? Why did you choose this particular information? How did you use the information and resources you found? (specific citations, references, and examples are expected to be included)
- Talk about the assessment you chose — how will this assessment tell you if your students actually achieved the learning objective you set for them?
- How useful was this assignment? Is there anything you would do to design this assignment differently that would have deepened your learning?
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :