Start by reading and following these instructions:
Note that in this course, due to the nature of the assignments, you are permitted to use first person, such as: “I, Me”, in all assignments and discussion posts.
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Three-part APA Paper…. ALL papers require strict APA formatting with title page, introductory paragraph to tell the reader what will be covered and the purpose of the paper, discussion on the assignment(s), APA headings, a conclusion paragraph to sum up the highlights of the paper, and a references page with references listed for every in text citation. Note that headings in APA do not include articles such as “Part 1” , “Module 2”, or the name of the course. Headings/titles are to reflect the topic that is being covered.
Part 1: Reflect on how those experiences from the Discussion Post impact your nursing practice now?
Part 2: Discuss what ageing biases you have witnessed &/or perpetrated.
Part 3: Create a community education plan to address ageing bias.
The assignment should be written in an APA-formatted essay. The essay should be at least 1500 words in length and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.
Mental Health of America. (2011). Position Statement 35: Aging well: Wellness and psychosocial treatment for the emotional and cognitive challenges of aging. Retrieved from http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/positions/aging-well
Discussion post question mentioned in part 1:
Answer the following questions honestly (safe space).
- How does a person’s difference in age, culture, race, gender and living situation impact your comfort as a nurse in communicating with them?
- While growing up, how were OAs treated in your family, culture, community and in society (identify the year range).I have been blessed to live in one of the most diversified city like Chicago. I come across patients of different ages, cultures, race, gender and those living in different situations. As a nurse, I have never let these factors weigh in on how I care for these individuals. Regardless of who it is and where they come from, I try to my best ability to care for my them the best I can without being biased. If I have ever been biased, it’s probably against my own kind and it’s mostly because of their attitude towards me knowing that I am the same ethnic background as them. I am of Indian ethnicity and “our kind” tend to be very difficult as patients. But regardless of the request and difficulties they put forth, I try my best to remain unbiased. Knowing that I am Indian, they become very inquisitive about my personal life and will ask many questions. This is something I find uncomfortable being that I am somewhat of a private person about my personal life. Depending on which part of India you are from, they also tend to be very candid, not realizing that their comments may be hurtful or even offensive.
As I mentioned earlier, I am of Indian native. I was born and raised in India until the age of 7 so I had the privilege of living with my grandparents. Majority of the families follow an extended family pattern consisting of parents, children and grandparents. Our culture puts great emphasis on values, especially those pertaining to respecting the old age. The elderly or old age are seen as a source of knowledge, being able to give valuable advice and share greater wisdom. Certain areas in India, respect is shown to elders by touching their feet when you greet them. Respect for the elderly is something that is expected within families, as well as the community and in society. I remember that I was not allowed to raise my voice or talk back to my grandparents or any other adults for that matters. Adult children, particularly sons are expected to provide care for the aging adults at home. This includes taking care of all their needs, even monetary. Concepts of old age homes have only emerged in recent years as there is a rise in adult children going overseas and both husband and wife being in the workforce.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!