Pssst!Stuck on an Assignment? Get your 15% Discount Now! 👉
Recommendation For An Evidence-Based Practice Change PowerPoint Presentation
Translating knowledge into practice establishes evidence-based practice (EBP) within the nursing profession. Nurse practitioners participate in the dissemination of research evidence to support the creation of practice interventions. The purpose of this assignment is to prepare students to disseminate evidence to support practice. Students will synthesize the information they have gathered during the course to formulate a presentation advocating for a practice change in relation to an area of interest to NP practice.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
- CO1: Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
- CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
- CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
- CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
- CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
In Week 7, students will create a PowerPoint slide show with notes pages discussing their PICOT question, literature review, and recommendations for change. In Week 8, students will create a Kaltura recording of the presentation for the Peer Discussion thread.
Criteria for Content
Students will synthesize the information they have gathered during the course to formulate a presentation advocating for a practice change in relation to an area of interest to NP practice.
In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
- Title Slide
- Introduction (1 slide): Slide should identify concepts to be addressed and sections of the presentation. Include speaker’s notes that explain, in more detail, what will be covered.
- Practice Issue (1-3 slides): Describe the area of interest and practice issue/problem related to NP practice selected in week 2. Explain why the issue/concern is important to nurse practitioner practice and its impact on health outcomes. Provide speaker notes. Provide scholarly references to support your ideas.
- PICOT Question (1 slide): Provide the PICOT question developed in week 2. Describe each element of your PICOT question in one or two sentences, being sure to address all the following:
- P-Population and problem – What is the nursing practice concern or problem and whom does it affect?
- I–Intervention – What evidence-based solution for the problem would you like to apply?
- C–Comparison – What is another solution for the problem? Note that this is typically the current practice, no intervention at all, or alternative solutions.
- O–Outcome – Very specifically, how will you know that the intervention worked? Think about how you will measure the outcome.
- T–Time frame – What is the Timeframe involved for the EBP initiative or the target date of completion?
- Literature review (2-4 slides):Summarize the literature review completed in week 5. Discuss themes and special concerns. Discuss any unique insight or perspective offered from the literature. Provide speaker notes. Speaker notes and/or slides include citations from scholarly nursing literature which support the assertions presented.
- Recommendations (3 slides):
- Slide 1: Identify the evidence-based recommendation for the identified practice change. Speaker’s notes should fully explain the recommended change and rationale for the change. Provide support from scholarly references to support the recommendation.
- Slide 2: Identify the key stakeholders impacted by the recommended change. Speaker’s notes add detail.
- Slide 3: Analyze the recommendation in terms of fit, feasibility, and appropriateness as discussed by Dang and Dearholt (2018), ch. 8. Speaker’s notes add detail. *Note: information regarding stakeholders, fit, feasibility, and appropriateness may be based on personal experience or on information you found in your research. If the identified factors come from the literature, provide reference citations to support your ideas.
- Conclusion: (1 slide)Slide provides summary points of presentation. Speaker’s notes provide final comments on the topic.
- References:Reference elements provided in APA format, may use bullets. Hanging indents not required.
Best Practices in Preparing the Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation:
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
- Follow rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
- Correctly cite and reference ideas and information that come from scholarly literature.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!