SNHU NUR 440 Final Project – All Milestones
NUR 440 Final Project Guidelines and Rubric
The world of professional nursing practice and health policy is ever-evolving to meet the new dynamics of care needs in every setting. As a registered nurse, you are accountable and responsible for making decisions that are consistent with safe, competent, and ethical practice on a daily basis. You also face a variety of complex issues that impact the delivery of your nursing care.
A professional practice issue is any issue or situation that either compromises client care/service by placing a client at risk, or affects a nurse’s ability to provide care/service consistent with standards and guidelines, and agency or organization policies or procedures.
For this final project, you will develop an integrative review of literature about a clinical problem or issue of your choosing encountered in nursing practice. The purpose of an integrative review of literature assignment is to assist in preparing a scholarly paper that systematically collects, classifies, and analyzes a body of research evidence about a clinical topic in order to make evidence-based practice recommendations for a practice change.
The project is divided into four milestones, which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Modules One, Two, Four, and Five. The final product will be submitted in Module Seven.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
- Assess diverse ways of knowing in nursing for their appropriateness in conducting nursing research and evidence-based nursing practice
- Critique relevant primary research sources for their potential to provide evidence-based solutions to clinical nursing problems
- Employ principles of ethical conduct of research in seeking evidence-based resources that support professional nursing practice changes
- Propose evidence-based recommendations for practice changes that address clinical nursing problems for improving quality of care
Choose a clinical problem or issue, with your instructor’s approval, that might be encountered in nursing practice. For this assessment, prepare a scholarly integrative review of the literature that will support a recommendation for a practice change to solve or improve the identified clinical problem or issue. To cover the appropriate range of the research, you should search for and retrieve six current and relevant nursing research studies from primary sources that are relevant to your clinical topic of interest (these should be the articles from your annotated bibliography). Follow the assignment guidelines below to prepare a scholarly integrative review of the research literature you retrieved.
Specifically, your integrative review of the literature should include the following critical elements:
A. What is the purpose of the integrative review?
- Clearly articulate the topic of interest, problem statement, and the research question being studied.
- What variables of interest (such as concepts, target population, setting, interventions, etc.) will be used to guide the review of literature?
- Discuss the background and significance of the problem to nursing. Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific examples from your research.
- Literature Search Methods
- Identify keywords, subject headings, and combinations used in the initial search.
- Which databases were searched?
- State the inclusion/exclusion criteria for the sample of research reports. In other words, how did you make decisions to narrow the search and focus the literature review? How was the final sample of research reports determined?
- Data Analysis and Critical Appraisal
- Analyze the quality of each study. In other words, is the problem well formulated and the purpose of the study clear? Is the study approach well designed and executed? Does the study demonstrate understanding of related studies? Do the findings advance knowledge?
- Note each study’s strengths and limitations.
- Identify gaps in the literature and reflect on why these may exist.
- Identify similarities and inconsistencies across the studies.
IV. Synthesis, Interpretation and Presentation of Results
- Develop an evidence table of your results that addresses the following criteria for each study: report citation, design, method, sample, data collection, data analysis, validity, and reliability of the findings. This table should appear in the Appendix of your paper.
- Identify major trends or patterns in the research reviewed.
- Can you make generalizations across the studies? Why or why not?
- What conclusions can you draw? Be sure to use a logical chain of evidence to support them.
- Provide a scholarly summary of the research reviewed that describes the “state of the science” presented by the research reports.
- Make practice recommendations based on the research reviewed.
- Identify the limitations of the literature review.
- Discuss the relevance of the results of your literature review to clinical practice.
- Discuss the implications of the recommended practice change on future nursing practice and research.
VI. Abstract: Include an abstract at the beginning of your paper that summarizes each of the following elements:
- Aims and objectives
F. Relevance to clinical practice
VII. Appendix: Provide an appendix at the end of your paper that includes the following elements:
- Search method flow chart
- The table of evidence that you developed in Step IV.A
Milestone One: Topic Proposal
In Module One, you will submit your topic proposal for instructor approval. You will briefly explain your interest and what you hope to gain through a review of the literature. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone One Rubric.
Milestone Two: PICO(T) Question
In Module Two, you will submit your PICO(T) question, which will guide your research and review of the literature. This milestone will be graded with the
Milestone Two Rubric.
Milestone Three: Annotated Bibliography
In Module Four, you will submit an annotated bibliography to help gather resources for your final project. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone.
Milestone Four: Evidence Table
In Module Five, you will submit an evidence table to organize your resources and as part of your final project. This milestone will be graded with the Milestone
Final Submission: Integrative Review of the Literature
In Module Seven, you will submit your final project. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all of the critical elements of the final product. It should reflect the incorporation of feedback gained throughout the course. This submission will be graded with the Final Project Rubric.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click Order Now and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from here
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!