WK2 Assgn 1 NRNP 6675
Insurance coding and billing is complex, but it boils down to how to accurately apply a code, or CPT (current procedural terminology), to the service that you provided. The payer then reimburses the service at a certain rate. As a provider, you will have to understand what codes to use and what documentation is necessary to support coding.
For this Assignment, you will review evaluation and management (E/M) documentation for a patient and perform a crosswalk of codes from DSM-5 to ICD-10.
· Assign DSM-5 and ICD-10 codes to services based upon the patient case scenario.
Then, in 1–2 pages address the following. You may add your narrative answers to these questions to the bottom of the case scenario document and submit altogether as one document.
· Explain what pertinent information, generally, is required in documentation to support DSM-5 and ICD-10 coding.
· Explain what pertinent documentation is missing from the case scenario, and what other information would be helpful to narrow your coding and billing options.
· Finally, explain how to improve documentation to support coding and billing for maximum reimbursement.
The case scenario is inside the sample evaluation template.
The answer goes into the attached sample evaluation template.
(The parts printed in red).
Contol+click the link to access the links below.
American Psychiatric Association. (2020). Updates to DSM–5 criteria, text and ICD-10 codes. https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm/updates-to-dsm-5
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Insurance implications of DSM-5. https://www.psychiatry.org/File%20Library/Psychiatrists/Practice/DSM/APA_DSM_Insurance-Implications-of-DSM-5.pdf
· Clicking on this link will initiate the download of the PDF.
American Psychiatric Association. (2020). Coding and reimbursement.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-10-CM). In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.).https://dsm-psychiatryonline-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/doi/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.ICD10Num_list
Buppert, C. (2021). Nurse practitioner’s business practice and legal guide (7th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 9, “Reimbursement for Nurse Practitioner Services”
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (2020). Your billing responsibilities. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coordination-of-Benefits-and-Recovery/ProviderServices/Your-Billing-Responsibilities
Stewart, J. G., & DeNisco, S. M. (2019). Role development for the nurse practitioner (2nd ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 15, “Reimbursement for Nurse Practitioner Services”
Walden University Academic Skills Center. (2017). Developing SMART goals. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ld.php?content_id=51901492
Zakhari, R. (2021). The psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner certification review manual. Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 4 “Neuroanatomy, Physiology, and Mental Illness”
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :