W#7 Health Promotion
Trauma-Informed Care as Relating to Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Thinking about the old adage, “Never judge a book by its cover,” wouldn’t it be great to be able to see inside other people – I mean really see inside. As human beings, we keep so much of ourselves hidden, and we see only a small portion of the lives of the people we encounter. People experience things, trauma and other adverse childhood experiences, that can follow them well into adulthood. To help better understand the people we care for—what may be the driving force behind their complaints—trauma-informed care shifts the focus from “What’s wrong with you?” to “What happened to you?” In making this mental shift in our practice, we can potentially improve overall patient health outcomes along with providers and staff wellness.
Prior to answering this discussion prompt, explore the website (including the videos) for the Trauma-Informed Care Implementation Resource Center to help improve your understanding and knowledge of this concept Trauma-Informed Care Implementation Resource Center. The website has a lot of great information, and be sure to review the 10 Key Ingredients for Trauma-Informed Care (PDF) and the Fact-Sheet – Understanding the Effects of Trauma on Health (PDF) . Both will be extremely helpful in participating in this week’s discussion.
– For this week’s discussion, define trauma-informed care (TIC) , explain how stress and health are related, and discuss how an APRN can utilize this information in caring for vulnerable populations.
Note: (Keep in mind “combat veterans” as an example for vulnerable population, but its up to you to choose any other vulnerable population)
– Please include at least 3 scholarly sources within your initial post.
– APA style.
– Minimun 400 – 450 words.
– Turnitin Assignment (No plagiarism)
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the APRN – Psych Mental Health Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse, I work at a Psychiatric Hospital, where I also work with this vulnerable population.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :