Complete this document either in Word. All of this information is found in the PowerPoint presentations
(use a different color for responses, for example). You may use word for word or reword the powerpoint in the answer.
Chapter 4—Ethical Issues
- Compare and contract legal and ethical issues.
- What determines how a person approaches and solves ethical dilemmas
- Define moral indifference—provide an example
- Define moral uncertainty—provide an example from your own healthcare experience
- Moral distress—provide an example from your own health care experiences
- What is an ethical dilemma? Give an example
- Describe deontological approach to ethical decision making? What does this mean?
- Describe a teleological approach to ethical decision making? What does this mean?
- Compare and contrast the 4 different frameworks for ethical decision making
- What is autonomy—give an example from your experience
- Define the following terms—how have you used/understood these principles in your nursing practice?
- What is the MORAL decision-making model—how does this work?
- Name important strategies to promote ethical behavior in healthcare.
Chapter 5—Legal and Legislative Issues
- Define civil law and what is involved in civil cases
- What are the reasons that nurses are at increased risk for legal liability in nursing practice?
- What does the term Standard of Care mean in nursing? Why is this so important?
- Define malpractice and the term professional negligence (the 5 criteria needed to fulfill this definition)….provide examples of each criteria to deepen your understanding
- What does the term “under ordinary circumstances” means as it relates to professional negligence?
- Define these legal terms that are pertinent to nursing practice—be sure you can relate these term to nursing practice
- Stare decisis
- respondeat superior
- vicarious liability
- product liability
- res ipsa loquitur
- Define intentional torts and give as many examples as you can related to nursing practice
- What are some common reasons nurses are sued (claims filed against them)
- BON—Board of Nursing—what is their responsibility to the public?
- Define the Nurse Practice Act and its role in your ability to practice nursing?
- Define, compare and contrast the three forms of consent:
- Informed consent
- Implied consent
- Express consent
- What is HIPAA and what is its importance to healthcare/your nursing practice?
- What are the parameters of Good Samaritan Immunity?
- Describe the Patient Self-Determination Act (PSDA) of 1991 and how it changed healthcare
- List the common causes of nursing license revocation
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!