Nursing COPD Case Study
Patient and History:
D.Z. a 65 yr old man is admitted to a medical floor for COPD exacerbation. PMH of HTN, controlled well by enalapril for the past 6 years as well as a recent diagnosis of pneumonia. He appears cachectic and experiences dyspnea at rest. He reports a productive cough of thick yellow green sputum. D.Z. is experiencing irritability and anxiety. He reports smoking 2 packs a day for 38 years. He complains of sleeping poorly and feeling tired most of the time.
BP 162/84, P 124, RR 36, T 102.8F SaO2 88% Room air.
Admitting diagnosis: Exacerbation of COPD etiology to be determined.
Diet as tolerated, Up with assistance, O2 to maintain sats greater than 90%, IV D5W @ 50 ml/hr, Strict I/O, ABG’s in AM, CBC with diff, BMP, Theophylline level on admission, CXR every 24 hours.
Prednisone 60mg po daily
Doxycycline 100mg po every 12 hours for 10 days
Azithromycin 500 mg IVPB every 24 hours for 2 days then 500mg po for 7 days
Theophylline 300mg po BID
Heparin SQ 5000 Units BID
Albuterol 2.5mg/3ml NS and Atrovent 500mg by nebs every 4-6 hours
Enalapril 10mg po every am
1. In 200 Words Explain the pathophysiology of COPD give clinical example of symptoms and pathophysiology associated with COPD.
2. What type of COPD do you feel this patient is experiencing provide explanation in 200 words minimum?
3. Are DZ’s VS and SO2 appropriate? If not explain why?
4. Identify 3 nursing diagnosis and interventions that can be implemented to improve oxygenation and explain how to determine effectiveness. 200 word minimum.
5. Explain the purpose of the following classes of drugs as they relate to COPD provide explanation and direction for each use.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :