Nurs 6551 practicum experience journal week 5
NURS 6551 Week 5 Discussion: Diagnosing and Managing Gynecologic Conditions
Gynecologic conditions can be difficult to diagnose for a variety of reasons, including overlapping symptoms, lack of patient knowledge, or even patient fear or embarrassment about sharing information. Your role provides you the opportunity to develop a relationship of trust and understanding with these patients so that you can gather the appropriate details related to medical history and current symptoms. When caring for this patient population, it is important to make these women an integral part of the process and work collaboratively with them to diagnose and develop treatment and management plans that will meet their individual needs. For this Discussion, consider diagnosis, treatment, and management strategies for the patients in the following four case studies:
Case Study 1:
A 32-year-old African American female is concerned about increasing dysmenorrhea over the past three years. In the past year, this was associated with painful intercourse. She has been in a monogamous relationship with one male partner for the past five years. They tried to have children without success. Menarche was at age 10; menstrual cycles are 21 days apart and last for 6–7 days. The first day of her last menstrual period was 10 days ago and was normal. She denies vaginal itching or discharge. On gynecologic exam there was no swelling, external lesions, or erythema, urethral swelling, or vaginal discharge. Cervix is pink without lesions or discharge. Uterus was small, retroverted, and non-tender. Adnexa were small and non-tender. Nodules are noted along the cul de sac.
Order Now for a top nursing paper on NURS 6551 Week 5 Discussion: Diagnosing and Managing Gynecologic Conditions
Case Study 2:
A 42-year-old African American female is in the clinic for a routine gynecologic exam. When asked, she admits to noticing bleeding in between her menstrual periods for the past several months. She has been pregnant three times and has three children. She is sexually active with one male sex partner in a monogamous relationship. During her bimanual exam, you note an irregular intrauterine non-tender mass about 4 cm in diameter. The mass is palpable abdominally. The remainder of her gynecologic exam was normal.
Case Study 3:
A 48-year-old Caucasian female is in the clinic concerned about prolonged menstrual bleeding for three weeks now. Her prior menstrual periods have been irregular for the past eight months, lasting no more than three days each. There have been one to two months when she had no menstrual cycles at all. She reports occasional hot flushes and mood swings.
Case Study 4:
A 16-year-old Caucasian female comes to the clinic concerned because she has not had a menstrual period for three months. She’s a junior in high school and active in sports. She has lost about 10 lbs. in the past two months. She is currently 5 ft. 4 in. and weighs 100 lbs.
To prepare: NURS 6551: Primary Care of Women Essay Assignment
- Review Chapter 26 of the Schuiling and Likis text and Chapter 7 of the Tharpe et al. text.
- Review and select one of the four provided case studies. Analyze the patient information.
- Consider a differential diagnosis for the patient in the case study you selected. Think about the most likely diagnosis for the patient.
- Think about a treatment and management plan for the patient. Be sure to consider appropriate dosages for any recommended pharmacologic and/or nonpharmacologic treatments.
- Consider strategies for educating patients on the treatment and management of the sexually transmitted infection you identified as your primary diagnosis.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the differential diagnosis for the patient in the case study you selected. Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses and list them from highest priority to lowest priority. Explain which is the most likely diagnosis for the patient and why. Then, explain a treatment and management plan for the patient, including appropriate dosages for any recommended treatments. Finally, explain strategies for educating patients on the disorder.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days in both of the ways listed below. Respond to colleagues who selected different case studies than you did.
- Explain how missing information from the patient history might change the diagnoses for the patients in the case studies your colleagues selected.
- Based on your personal and/or professional experiences, expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :