Needs Editing See Attached
Topic medication administration refer to powerpoint edit the powerpoint and organize according to these directions
For this assessment, you will develop an 8-14 slide PowerPoint presentation with thorough speaker’s notes designed for a hypothetical in-service session related to the safe medication administration improvement plan you developed in Assessment 2.
As a practicing professional, you are likely to present educational in-services or training to staff pertaining to quality improvement (QI) measures of safety improvement interventions. Such in-services and training sessions should be presented in a creative and innovative manner to hold the audience’s attention and promote knowledge acquisition and skill application that changes practice for the better. The teaching sessions may include a presentation, audience participation via simulation or other interactive strategy, audiovisual media, and participant learning evaluation.
The use of in-services and/or training sessions has positive implications for nursing practice by increasing staff confidence when providing care to specific patient populations. It also allows for a safe and nonthreatening environment where staff nurses can practice their skills prior to a real patient event. Participation in learning sessions fosters a team approach, collaboration, patient safety, and greater patient satisfaction rates in the health care environment (Patel & Wright, 2018).
As you prepare to complete the assessment, consider the impact of in-service training on patient outcomes as well as practice outcomes for staff nurses. Be sure to support your thoughts on the effectiveness of educating and training staff to increase the quality of care provided to patients by examining the literature and established best practices.
You are encouraged to explore the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies Review activity before you develop the Improvement Plan In-Service Presentation. This activity will help you review your understanding of the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies—especially those related to competencies relevant to developing an effective training session and presentation. This is for your own practice and self-assessment, and demonstrates your engagement in the course.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze the elements of a successful quality improvement initiative.
. Explain the need and process to improve safety outcomes related to medication administration.
. Create resources or activities to encourage skill development and process understanding related to a safety improvement initiative on medication administration.
· Competency 4: Explain the nurse’s role in coordinating care to enhance quality and reduce costs.
. List clearly the purpose and goals of an in-service session focusing on safe medication administration for nurses.
. Explain audience’s role in and importance of making the improvement plan focusing on medication administration successful.
· Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly, evidence-based strategies to communicate in a manner that supports safe and effective patient care.
. Slides are easy to read and error free. Detailed speaker notes are provided. Speaker notes are clear, organized, and professionally presented.
. Organize content with clear purpose or goals and with relevant and evidence-based sources (published within 5 years).
Patel, S., & Wright, M. (2018). Development of interprofessional simulation in nursing education to improve teamwork and collaboration in maternal child nursing. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursingâ€‹, 47(3), s16–s17.
As a baccalaureate-prepared nurse, you will often find yourself in a position to lead and educate other nurses. This colleague-to-colleague education can take many forms, from mentoring to informal explanations on best practices to formal in-service training. In-services are an effective way to train a large group. Preparing to run an in-service may be daunting, as the facilitator must develop his or her message around the topic while designing activities to help the target audience learn and practice. By improving understanding and competence around designing and delivering in-service training, a BSN practitioner can demonstrate leadership and prove him- or herself a valuable resource to others.
For this assessment it is suggested you take one of two approaches:
1. Build on the work that you have done in your first two assessments and create an agenda and PowerPoint of an educational in-service session that would help a specific staff audience learn, provide feedback, and understand their roles and practice new skills related to your safety improvement plan pertaining to medication administration, or
2. Locate a safety improvement plan through an external resource and create an agenda and PowerPoint of an educational in-service session that would help a specific staff audience learn, provide feedback, and understand their roles and practice new skills related to the issues and improvement goals pertaining to medication administration safety.
The final deliverable for this assessment will be a PowerPoint presentation with detailed presenter’s notes representing the material you would deliver at an in-service session to raise awareness of your chosen safety improvement initiative focusing on medication administration and to explain the need for it. Additionally, you must educate the audience as to their role and importance to the success of the initiative. This includes providing examples and practice opportunities to test out new ideas or practices related to the safety improvement initiative.
Be sure that your presentation addresses the following, which corresponds to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Please study the scoring guide carefully so you understand what is needed for a distinguished score.
· List the purpose and goals of an in-service session focusing on safe medication administration for nurses.
· Explain the need for and process to improve safety outcomes related to medication administration.
· Explain to the audience their role and importance of making the improvement plan focusing on medication administration successful.
· Create resources or activities to encourage skill development and process understanding related to a safety improvement initiative on medication administration.
· Communicate with nurses in a respectful and informative way that clearly presents expectations and solicits feedback on communication strategies for future improvement.
There are various ways to structure an in-service session; below is just one example:
· Part 1: Agenda and Outcomes.
. Explain to your audience what they are going to learn or do, and what they are expected to take away.
· Part 2: Safety Improvement Plan.
. Give an overview of the current problem focusing on medication administration, the proposed plan, and what the improvement plan is trying to address.
. Explain why it is important for the organization to address the current situation.
· Part 3: Audience’s Role and Importance.
. Discuss how the staff audience will be expected to help implement and drive the improvement plan.
. Explain why they are critical to the success of the improvement plan focusing on medication administration.
. Describe how their work could benefit from embracing their role in the plan.
· Part 4: New Process and Skills Practice.
. Explain new processes or skills.
. Develop an activity that allows the staff audience to practice and ask questions about these new processes and skills.
. In the notes section of your PowerPoint, brainstorm potential responses to likely questions or concerns.
· Part 5: Soliciting Feedback.
. Describe how you would solicit feedback from the audience on the improvement plan and the in-service.
. Explain how you might integrate this feedback for future improvements.
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :