INFO321 Assignment 6
14.17 – A company called FastCabs provides a taxi service to clients. The table shown in Figure 14.21 displays some details of client bookings for taxis. Assume that a taxi driver is assigned to a single taxi, but a taxi can be assigned to one or more drivers.
A) Identify the functional dependencies that exist between the columns of the table in Figure 14.21 and identify the primary key and any alternate key(s) (if present) for the table.
B) Describe why the table in Figure 14.21 is not in 3NF.
C) The table shown in Figure 14.21 is susceptible to update anomalies. Provide examples of how insertion, deletion, and modification anomalies could occur on this table.
(Figure 14.21 – Table displaying sample data for FastCabs.)
14.18 – Applying normalization to 3NF on the table shown in Figure 14.21 results in the formation of the three 3NF tables shown in Figure 14.22.
A) Identify the functional dependencies that exist between the columns of each table in Figure 14.22 and identify the primary key and any alternate and foreign key(s) (if present) for each table.
B) Describe why storing the FastCabs data across the 3NF tables avoids the update anomalies described in Exercise 14.17(B).
C) Describe how the original table shown in Figure 14.21 can be re-created through relational joins between primary key and foreign keys columns of the tables in Figure 14.22.
(Figure 14.22 – Tables (in 3NF) displaying sample data for FastCabs.)
Use the information in the figure below to answer the following questions. (The sample data may not represent all future field values; use common knowledge and consider the domain for each field).
We record only the last sale for each car. For each sale, a car can be sold to only one customer; however, each customer can buy (own) more than one car.
Include the below numbers to organize the submission. DO NOT include the Questions ot other content from the instructions in your answer.
1) Describe functional dependency only; NOT full functional dependency, or partial dependency. While you may incorporate the formal definition, you must explain the concept in your own words, using field names and values from this exercise.
2) Identify the primary key for the table in the above figure. Indicate whether there are any alternate keys (for this table). Explain each of the choices.
3) Is the table in 3NF? If not, explain why – (provide specific rational, use field names and values in the table to demonstrate understanding). Explain what normal form the table provided is in.
***APA guidelines, spelling & grammar***
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :