Ethics Final Paper Instructions and Rubric
Choose a topic of an ethical issue that is of interest to you that is relevant to nurses/nursing practice. Ideally, you will choose a topic in which you do not have great deal of knowledge or pre-conceived ideas. This topic will also be relevant to nursing practice. Journals and articles other than those in the nursing profession may be considered. This assignment is a formally written paper in APA format, 7th edition. A minimum of three professional references is required (from 2016 to 2021). You may use internet sites and articles, but they will not be counted as a professional citation. Only a Word document that can be edited will be accepted.
· The term “ethical dilemma” refers to a situation where choices need to be made, the answers may not be clear, the options are not ideal and there may be active barriers to a reasonable solution.
· The topic is objectively defined and described. As nurses we have a duty to our patients to advocate for them. At the same time, we must keep ourselves out of the situation. This section must address the topic with objectivity and facts.
· Write in the third person until you are to provide your personal professional response.
· At least three professional nursing journal articles should be cited to substantiate the facts that are relevant to the topic.
· The paper introduction should be submitted in APA style (7th edition). Please familiarize yourself with APA and how to cite references.
· The final paper should be 6 ½ to 7 ½ pages (double-spaced 12-pt. Times New Roman font).
Use the following as Level One Headings for your paper:
· Identification and Discussion of the Ethical Dimensions
· Relevance of the Ethical Issue to Nursing
· Analysis of Relevant Ethical Principles, Theories, Laws, and Standards of Practice
· Personal Professional Response to the Issue
Identification and Discussion of Ethical Dimensions
Rubric for the Ethics Final Paper:
|Introduction Theme/Objective||Clearly and effectively communicates an introduction of the theme/objective of the ethics topic||Effectively communicates an introduction of the theme/objective of the ethics topic but questions remain||Does not effectively communicate an introduction of the theme/objective of the ethics topic||Misses point completely in introduction of the theme/objective of the ethics topic||/ 3
|Supporting Details||Each detail supports or tells more about the topic and has follow up sentences which provide additional support||Some of the details support the main idea/topic, but some do not||The details do not support the main idea/topic OR there are not enough details||There are no substantiating support for the main idea/topic||/3
|Relevance: Why is this an ethical dilemma in today’s society?||Very strong appropriate interpretation of data and relevant to the topic||Largely appropriate interpretation of data and relevant to topic||May contain some misinterpretation and/or irrelevant material||Limited interpretation and relevance of topic||/ 3
|Ethical analysis: application and discussion of ethical principles, theories, laws, and standards of nursing practice||Ethical principles, theories, laws, and standards of nursing practice are clearly and effectively defined and applied to the topic||Ethical principles, theories, laws, and standards of nursing practice are defined and applied to the topic, but clarity or thoroughness are lacking||Ethical principles, theories, laws, and standards of nursing practice are superficially mentioned or inadequately applied to the topic||Ethical principles, theories, laws, and standards of nursing practice are incorrectly defined or incorrectly applied to the topic||/3|
|Understanding of Topic as Ethical Dilemma for Nursing||Addresses ethical issues in good detail, if appropriate||Addresses ethical issues adequately, if appropriately
|Does not address ethical issues adequately, if appropriate||Ethical issues not appropriately or clearly addressed, if appropriate||/3
|Personal Professional Response to the Issue
|Clearly and effectively presents one’s personal PROFESSIONAL response to the issue||Presents one’s personal PROFESSIONAL response to the issue, but clarity is lacking||Presents one’s personal response to the issue, but emphasizes non-professional experiences||Fails to make a connection between the writer and the topic presented||/3|
|Conclusion: Reflection of What You Learned
|Good summary, clearly articulated||Summarized and adequately articulated||Incomplete summary/superficially articulated||Not a summary/poorly articulated||/3|
|Clarity and Organization
|Headings utilized, paper clear/concise/organized||Headings not utilized, paper clear/concise/organized||No Headings, paper unclear/ not concise/disorganized||Lack of organization obscures meaning or you have not corrected feedback given in prior assignments||/3|
|Spelling and Grammar||No spelling or grammatical errors.
|Less than 3 spelling or grammatical errors||Less than 7 spelling or grammatical errors.
|More than 7 spelling or grammatical errors, errors obscure meaning, or a failure to correct errors discussed in class or feedback from previous assignments||/ 3
|APA format||No APA 7th edition errors||Less than 3 incidents of APA errors||Less than 7 incidents of APA errors||More than 7 incidents of APA errors or failure to correct errors discussed in class or feedback from previous assignments||/3|
|Correct Length: 6 ½-7 ½ pages of text, PLUS title page and references
|Minimum of 3 professional nursing references, 5 years old or less
|Your point total||Points awarded||Your point total||Points awarded|
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :