Editing In APA Format
Develop a solution to a specific ethical dilemma faced by a health care professional by applying ethical principles. Describe the issues and a possible solution in a 3-5-page paper.
Whether you are a nurse, a public health professional, a health care administrator, or in another role in the health care field, you must base your decisions on a set of ethical principles and values. Your decisions must be fair, equitable, and defensible. Each discipline has established a professional code of ethics to guide ethical behavior. In this assessment, you will practice working through an ethical dilemma as described in a case study. Your practice will help you develop a method for formulating ethical decisions.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
. Apply academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to an ethical problem or issue as evidence to support an analysis of the case.
· Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
. Summarize the facts in a case study and use the three components of an ethical decision-making model to analyze an ethical problem or issue and the factors that contributed to it.
. Discuss the effectiveness of the communication approaches present in a case study.
. Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by a professional to deal with problems or issues involving ethical practice in a case study.
. Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to an ethical problem or issue described in a case study.
· Competency 4: Write for a specific audience, in appropriate tone and style, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
. Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
. Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
For this assessment, develop a solution to a specific ethical dilemma faced by a health care professional. In your assessment:
1. Access the Ethical Case Studies media piece to review the case studies you will be using for this assessment.
. Select the case most closely related to your area of interest and use it to complete the assessment.
. Note: The case study may not supply all of the information you need. In such cases, you should consider a variety of possibilities and infer potential conclusions. However, please be sure to identify any assumptions or speculations you make.
· Include the selected case study in your reference list, using proper APA style and format. Refer to the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for guidance.
· Summarize the facts in a case study and use the three components of an ethical decision-making model to analyze an ethical problem or issue and the factors that contributed to it.
· Identify which case study you selected and briefly summarize the facts surrounding it. Identify the problem or issue that presents an ethical dilemma or challenge and describe that dilemma or challenge.
· Identify who is involved or affected by the ethical problem or issue.
· Access the Ethical Decision-Making Model media piece and use the three components of the ethical decision-making model (moral awareness, moral judgment, and ethical behavior) to analyze the ethical issues.
. Apply the three components outlined in the Ethical Decision-Making Model media.
· Analyze the factors that contributed to the ethical problem or issue identified in the case study.
. Describe the factors that contributed to the problem or issue and explain how they contributed.
· Apply academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to an ethical problem or issue as evidence to support an analysis of the case.
· In addition to the readings provided, use the Capella library to locate at least one academic peer-reviewed journal article relevant to the problem or issue that you can use to support your analysis of the situation. The How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles? library guide will help you locate appropriate references.
. Cite and apply key principles from the journal article as evidence to support your critical thinking and analysis of the ethical problem or issue.
. Review the Think Critically About Source Quality resource.
. Assess the credibility of the information source.
. Assess the relevance of the information source.
· Discuss the effectiveness of the communication approaches present in a case study.
· Describe how the health care professional in the case study communicated with others.
· Assess instances where the professional communicated effectively or ineffectively.
· Explain which communication approaches should be used and which ones should be avoided.
· Describe the consequences of using effective and non-effective communication approaches.
· Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by a professional to deal with problems or issues involving ethical practice in a case study.
· Describe the actions taken in response to the ethical dilemma or issue presented in the case study.
· Summarize how well the professional managed professional responsibilities and priorities to resolve the problem or issue in the case.
· Discuss the key lessons this case provides for health care professionals.
· Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to an ethical problem or issue described in a case study.
· Describe the proposed solution.
· Discuss how the approach makes this professional more effective or less effective in building relationships across disciplines within his or her organization.
· Discuss how likely it is the proposed solution will foster professional collaboration.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Apply the principles of effective composition.
· Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
· Write using APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
· Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
· Integrate information from outside sources into academic writin
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :