Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Read the following vignette about a child with ADHD and answer each of the three questions at the end:
Scott is 8 years old. At 7 AM, his mother looks into Scott’s bedroom and sees Scott playing. “Scott, you know the rules: no playing before you are ready for school. Get dressed and come eat breakfast.” Although these rules for a school day have been set for the past 7 months, Scott always tests them. In about 10 minutes, he is still not in the kitchen. His mother checks his room and finds Scott on the floor, still in his pajamas, playing with miniature cars.
Ten minutes later, Scott bounds into the kitchen, still without socks and shoes, and hair tousled. “You forgot your socks, and your hair isn’t combed,” his mother reminds him. “Oh yeah. What’s for breakfast?” he says. “Scott, finish dressing first.” “Well, where are my shoes?” “By the back door where you left them.” This is the specially designated place where Scott is supposed to leave his shoes so he doesn’t forget.
Scott starts toward his shoes but spots his younger sister playing with blocks on the floor. He hurries to her. “Wow, Amy, watch this—I can make these blocks into a huge tower, all the way to the ceiling.” He grabs the blocks and begins to stack them higher and higher. “Scott makes a better tower than Amy,” he chants. Amy shrieks at this intrusion, but she is used to Scott grabbing things from her. The shriek brings their mother into the room. She notices Scott’s feet still do not have socks and shoes.
“Scott, get your socks and shoes on now and leave Amy alone!” “Where are my socks?” he asks. “Go to your room and get a clean pair of socks and brush your teeth and hair. Then come eat your breakfast or you’ll miss the bus.”
- What sort of problems would you expect Scott to have at school?
- What are some teachings you might provide for this parent?
- What interventions would give Scott the best chance of having positive outcomes?
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!
Use the following coupon code :